Law Office – Bogdan Blaj, located in Cluj-Napoca, Nicolae Bălcescu str., nr. 25, Ap. 1, Cluj county, Romania, with CUI RO 36884536 (in short “Blaj Law”), processes your personal data, hereinafter referred to as “personal data.”
Categories of personal data
Blaj Law, as controller, processes the following categories of personal data:
- The IP address of the device used by you, the type of internet browser and operating system used, the number of visits, the average time spent on the website, and the date and time of access, automatically when you use the website;
- Information such as name and surname, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, information on requests, projects, or litigation in which you are involved, and any other personal data that may prove relevant for providing our services, data provided by you at the time of establishing a collaboration with the Blaj Law team.
We also collect your data when you request advice or representation from us, apply for a career with the Blaj Law team, request information from us, or provide it to us voluntarily for any other reason.
Purpose of processing
Following applicable law, we process your personal data solely for the purposes in this document.
- Data collected about you as a user by accessing the www.blaj-law.ro website is processed for the following purposes:
- Improving your experience on the www.blaj-law.ro website;
- Communicating with you via the platform regarding requests sent via the Contact section;
- Protecting the security and managing access to our premises, IT and communication systems, the www.blaj-law.ro website and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To enforce, monitor and assess compliance with our policies and standards, to identify persons authorized to transact on behalf of our customers, beneficiaries, suppliers and/or service providers.
- Data collected about you, as a client of Blaj Law, at the time you decide to work with our team, is processed to:
- Compliance with the contractual obligations undertaken by the Blaj Law team at the time of the conclusion of the legal assistance contract;
- Communication, to keep you constantly informed about the progress of the requested service, to analyze and improve the services provided, to offer advice or other requested services, including legal representation in courts, arbitration tribunals, other competent authorities, or third parties;
- Managing and administering the business relationship between you and us, through the use of payment processing, accounting, auditing, billing, and collection services;
- Complying with our legal obligations, such as obligations to retain certain documents, compliance obligations (for example, concerning anti-money laundering legislation);
- Respectively for any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above.
Basis of processing
Any operation concerning your personal data will be carried out based on one or more of the legal grounds below:
- You have given your consent as a legal basis for the collection, storage, and use of your personal data;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or the processing is required for entering into a contract with you;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- The processing is necessary to protect your essential interests or those of another natural person;
In the course of our business, we may transmit your personal data to:
- Courts or other institutions/authorities or natural or legal persons, if it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for the purposes of alternative dispute resolution;
- State authorities/other entities if the transmission of the data is required by the subject matter of your case;
- Any third party to whom we assign or novate any rights or obligations under the law;
- We may also transmit your personal data to our processors, main collaborators within or outside Blaj Law, to process your personal data for permitted purposes, on our behalf and only in accordance with our instructions and following legal provisions.
We will retain control over your personal data and use appropriate safeguards, as required by applicable law, to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data in our dealings with such processors.
Otherwise, we will only transmit your personal data when you instruct us or give us permission or when we are required by applicable law or by requests of judicial or official bodies to do so.
Blaj Law has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to maintain the confidentiality and security of the data collected in accordance with internal procedures regarding the storage, transmission, or access of personal data.
Period for which personal data will be stored
In the event that legal proceedings are initiated, personal data may be kept until the end of such proceedings and then deleted or archived, as provided for by applicable law.
In principle, we will hold your Personal Data for as long as required or permitted by applicable law. Subsequently, upon the expiry of these periods or the exercise of one of your rights under the law, we will remove/delete your personal data from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymize it.
- Right of access to personal data
You have the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data. The information includes, among other things, the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data affected, and the recipients/categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been/will be transmitted.
- Right to rectification/correction of data
You have the right to obtain from us the rectification or modification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restriction
You have the right to request the condition of the processing of your personal data. In this case, the data concerned will be marked and may only be processed by us for the purposes permitted.
- Right to data portability:
You have the right to transmit your data to another entity without objection from us.
- Right to object:
At any time, and for reasons that you consider appropriate, you have the right to object to the data provided being processed by us. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing (ANSPDCP) in case of any irregularities in processing your data.
You may exercise the rights listed above and request further information concerning the processing of your data by sending a request to Blaj Law by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to mun. Nicolae Bălcescu str. nr. 25, ap. 1, jud. Cluj.